Sunday, October 11, 2009

PPA Challenge #11 Color








My oldest daughter's birthday is 3 days before Halloween and she'll be 30. While she was growing up she always got birthday cakes and cards that had to do with Halloween. So when I saw these colors it was an easy way to use the fall or Halloween colors in her card but make it birthday. So here is my take on this weeks color challenge.
I started out with an old olive base using Cottage Wall DS paper. Took a round flower stamp from the "Charming" stamp set with perfect plum ink on to perfect plum cs, then used the eylet border punch on that. Then I took pumpkin pie ink and the word stamp from "Charming" and stamped onto pumpkin pie cs, used the eyelet punch on this one also and glued the two together. Then I attached the two to the designer paper, wrapped the old olive pollytwill ribbon around it and into a bow. Attatched all of this to the old olive cardstock.
I took my markers to the long stemmed flower stamp from "Charming" and stamped it onto naturals ivory cs. Then I took left over pieces of old olive, perfect plum and pumpkin pie and layered it with the bottom torn. Added the floral piece last with dimensionals and stamped happy birthday on the pumpkin pie cs. I thought the card looked kind of bare at the bottom so I stamped the little florals on naturals ivory with perfect plum ink and then cut them out. I attached these to perfect plum cs and cut around the ivory and attatched it to the card. To give it just a little bit of glitter I used the two way glue pen on the flowers and added irridescent ice to it. I think she'll like this birthday card. It will be a little different this year. Thanks PPA!
Stamp Set: Charming
Cards Stock: Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie
Embellishments: Old Olive Polytwill Ribbon, Irridescent Ice embossing powder, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. On behalf of the design team, thank you for playing @ PPA.

    Join us for our next challenge on Thursday, October 15, 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    This is a beautiful and classy birthday card! Sara will love it...I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Kim! I especially love the layered eyelet borders! Great job with the color challenge!

    Margaret Moody
    margaretmoody.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete